If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fluffy lemon cake with strawberry jam, whipped cream and white chocolate coating —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes one 8-inch 3-layer cake
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temp
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 pieces large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 20 pieces whole strawberries
- 2 cups grated white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease three 8-inch round cake pans, and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk sour cream, lemon zest, juice and vanilla.
- Beat butter and sugar together on medium speed in a bowl of a standing mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until blended.
- Reduce the speed to low and beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture, followed by half of the sour cream mixture. Repeat with another 1/3 of the flour mixture and the remaining sour cream mixture. Beat in the remaining flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared cake pans. Transfer pans to oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for about 10 minutes before inverting on rack. Let cool completely.
- Beat heavy cream with powdered sugar until the mixture holds stiff peaks. Place into the fridge to chill.
- To assemble, place one cake layer on the serving late and spread with half of the strawberry jam. Gently spread a layer of whipped cream on top, and scatter half of the chopped strawberries. Top with another cake layer and repeat the jam, whipped cream and strawberries. Top with the final cake layer.
- Frost the top and sides of the cake with the remaining whipped cream. Press white chocolate around the sides of cake and place whole strawberries on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Before serving, sprinkle powdered sugar on top.