Author Notes: I am often inspired by cooking with different sodas so I thought why not take the classic chicken cooked on a can and put another classic barbeque flavor with it and voila...you have Barbeque Cola Can Chicken! —JennT1981
whole chicken, clean and pat dry
can coca cola
cup barbeque sauce
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat.
- Combine ¼ cup of the cola with the barbeque sauce in a small pan and heat over low and let reduce slightly.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place over cola can inserting the can inside the cavity of the bird.
- Place upright on center of grill and cook until no longer pink, about 1 hour and 15 to 30 minutes or until temperature reaches 180 degrees F.
- Baste with warm sauce throughout cooking to form a tasty crust.