Author Notes: The spiced chickpeas mango salad serves as an evening time snack . —Shalini Meera
cup Grated or desiccated coconut
cup Mangoes ( cut length wise )
teaspoon Mustard seeds
In This Recipe
- Rinse the chickpeas and soak it for 6- 8 hours.
- Add 3-4 cups of water to the chickpeas and 1/4 tsp of salt and cook it well for 15 mins in medium heat.Drain the water completely from it.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet on medium flame.
- When the oil is hot add the mustard seeds, allow it to crackle.
- Add red chillies, curry leaves, asafoetida and fry for 5 secs.
- Now add the cooked chickpeas, remaining salt and stir well for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add grated coconut and stir well.
- Garnish with mangoes, and serve it in a serving bowl.