If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The spiced chickpeas mango salad serves as an evening time snack . —Shalini Meera
- 2 cups Chickpeas.
- 1/2 cup Grated or desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup Mangoes ( cut length wise )
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 10 Curry leaves
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 2 Dried chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Rinse the chickpeas and soak it for 6- 8 hours.
- Add 3-4 cups of water to the chickpeas and 1/4 tsp of salt and cook it well for 15 mins in medium heat.Drain the water completely from it.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet on medium flame.
- When the oil is hot add the mustard seeds, allow it to crackle.
- Add red chillies, curry leaves, asafoetida and fry for 5 secs.
- Now add the cooked chickpeas, remaining salt and stir well for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add grated coconut and stir well.
- Garnish with mangoes, and serve it in a serving bowl.