If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Recently I have become more familiar with the flavors of the West Indies and am so grateful for it, this roasted chicken dish is unlike any others you have tasted! —JennT1981
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 chicken leg quarters, clean and pat dry
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup coffee flavored beer
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine spices and mix well.
- Season both sides of chicken with spice mix.
- Heat oil over medium high in a large, oven-proof skillet and add chicken skin-side down.
- Cook until skin begins to set and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Turn and cook another 3 minutes.
- Return to skin side down and place in preheated oven.
- Continue cooking until no longer pink, about 30 to 35 minutes. Turn oven off.
- Return skillet to stove and keep chicken warm in oven.
- Heat skillet over medium and deglaze pan with beer, scraping bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in chicken broth, lime juice, vinegar, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl and mix well.
- Stir into pan and simmer 5 to 10 minutes until sauce reduces and thickens slightly. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Roast Chicken