If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad's beauty comes from using a variety of different oranges with varied colors and flavors, and cutting them into gorgeous glisteny discs. Its memorable flavor comes from adding fennel, mint, sea salt, and more. So great for the coldest winter days. —Adrienne Stortz
Serves 2 big salads, or 3-4 little ones
- 4 small blood oranges
- 2 cara cara oranges
- 2-3 navel oranges
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 fennel bulb
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- pinches fresh ground pepper
- pinches sea salt
- splashes olive oil
- Peel all of the oranges, and slice into 1/4 inch discs (cut perpendicular to the way the oranges naturally segment).
- Cut onion and fennel into tiny slivers.
- Cut pomegranate in half, put in hand with middle facing your palm, and hit the back with an ice cream scoop until the seeds all fall out..
- Arrange orange slices on plates, and sprinkle with onion slivers, fennel slivers, pomegranate seeds, mint leaves, pepper, salt, and top off with drizzle of olive oil.