If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Matcha is powdered green tea that can be made into a latte or mixed into your favorite baked good. The fine green tea powder is dissolved into warm milk using a matcha whisk. The green tea leaves that are harvested for matcha are ground into a fine powder, which means you are receiving all the antioxidants that are available from the leaves. If you are looking to replace your morning coffee a few times a week with a new flavor, then you can froth matcha with a non-dairy milk to make a matcha latte. —Austin | Tea & Stories
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk, cashew or almond
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 2/3 cup sunflower or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup 1 tbs unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 1 tbs whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup pistachios, raw and shelled
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a small sauce pan, warm 1/4 cup non-dairy milk for 2-3 minutes. You don’t need to bring the milk to boil, but make sure that it is warm to touch. Pour into small bowl and use match whisk to dissolve 1 tsp matcha powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sea salt, and baking soda. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil, vanilla, tapioca flour, and matcha milk. Whisk for 3-5 minutes until the mixture looks like smooth caramel. Slowly add the dry ingredients to your wet ingredients followed by pistachios. Cook for 8 minutes on the middle rack + snack away.