Author Notes: I remember many years ago when everything seems to have honey-mustard on it. Sandwiches, chickens, dipping sauces… everything had some kind of a honey and mustard combination. I started out loving the flavors and then grew so tired of that taste that I stopped eating anything even vaguely resembling it.
I guess it’s a new era, because when I made these honey mustard chicken thighs, I was hooked again. This chicken is so easy to make that it’s perfect for a quick weeknight meal and it’s also good enough to serve when entertaining. And, dare I say it, it’s put honey mustard back on my radar.
Raw honey is an amazing food. Raw honey is honey in its purest form; it has not been filtered, strained or heated above 115 degrees. This means when you eat it, the enzymes, anti-oxidants and nutrients haven’t been disturbed. I use raw honey in my tea, smoothies and in any recipe that calls for honey. Raw honey is solid and may need to be melted before you use it, but this is easy and only takes a minute or two.
- See more at: http://www.theresacookinmykitchen.com/honey-mustard-chicken-thighs/#sthash.KOt9PnbL.dpuf —sisaaacs1
boneless skinless chicken thighs
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
cup Dijon mustard
cup raw honey, melted
teaspoons coconut aminos (or substitute soy sauce)
tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees convection setting or 425 degrees regular bake setting.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, ginger, rosemary, coconut aminos, turmeric, and black pepper. Put the chicken into the large bowl and toss it with the honey mustard mixture until the chicken is all nicely coated.
- Place the chicken thighs on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, making sure the chicken pieces are not touching each other. If there’s anything remaining in the bowl, just pile it on top of the chicken. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until cooked through. Enjoy! - See more at: http://www.theresacookinmykitchen.com/honey-mustard-chicken-thighs/#sthash.KOt9PnbL.dpuf
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey