Author Notes: Savory version of french toast mixed with zucchini, onion and just the right seasoning. Perfectly melts in your mouth, creamy n crunchy at the same time - Simple, Elegant yet Delicious ! —Molly Kumar
Serves: 4 people
Large Organic Eggs
tablespoons Fat Free Creamcheese
tablespoons Warm Water
milliliters Medium Zucchini – Thinly Grated
Small Onion – Thinly Grated
Slices of Brown Bread – You can use any variety & texture of bread
tablespoons Olive Oil
teaspoon Black Pepper Powder – As per taste
teaspoon Salt – As per taste
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together until a frothy-creamy mixture is formed (2min).
- Add Creamcheese, warm water and whisk for another minute or till the mixture is smooth with no lumps.
- Now add zucchini, onion, salt and pepper to this mixture and gently mix everything together (Cause if you mix with a heavy hand or too much, it will make the eggs watery).
- Heat a non-stick pan on high, add 1tbsp oil and wait till the pan is hot (about a min).
- Now dip a slice of bread, coat it evenly on both sides and place it on the heated pan (I’m able to accommodate 3slices at a time in a large pan).
- Reduce the heat to low and let the pan side down slice cook evenly till its golden brown (takes about 1-2min – You may lift a corner of the slice to check if it’s golden brown).
- After 2min, flip the slice, add ½ tbsp oil and let the other side cook till it’s golden brown.
- Follow steps 5, 6 and 7 till all slices are cooked.
- Serve Freshly made with cold coffee or your choice of beverage.