Author Notes: I ate 4 in a row, as soon as they were ready.
These pancakes are delicious!
#winterbrunch couldn’t have missed pancakes, but pancakes coming from my delirious Italian kitchen.
Sage & Parmesan Potato Pancakes
Please please please try them with homemade sage butter —Claudia | Gourmet Project
Makes: 12-14 pancakes
grams grated parmesan cheese
glass of milk
big sage leaves
teaspoon baking powder
cup flour (I used “0”)
teaspoon grated nutmeg
Extra virgin olive oil
- Peel and cut in pieces the potatoes. Place them in a pot, covered with cold water and sprinkled with a generous pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 8-10 minutes, until fork tender.
- Blend parmesan cheese, sage leaves and nutmeg.
- Mash the potatoes and place them in a large bowl, add the aromatic parmesan, the eggs, milk, flour, a tablespoon of olive oil and baking powder. Stir and taste, add salt if necessary.
- Bake pancakes as usual (I used a squeeze bottle to give them a regular shape): grease the pan with olive oil, pour the pancake batter with a scoop, spoon or whatever, wait for bubbles all around the edges (about 1 minute), turn around and cook for another minute, on low/medium heat.
- Serve a pile of pancakes seasoned with melting sage butter… and hashtag #foodporn!