If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I ate 4 in a row, as soon as they were ready.
These pancakes are delicious!
#winterbrunch couldn’t have missed pancakes, but pancakes coming from my delirious Italian kitchen.
Sage & Parmesan Potato Pancakes
Please please please try them with homemade sage butter —Claudia | Gourmet Project
Makes 12-14 pancakes
grams grated parmesan cheese
glass of milk
big sage leaves
teaspoon baking powder
cup flour (I used “0”)
teaspoon grated nutmeg
Extra virgin olive oil
- Peel and cut in pieces the potatoes. Place them in a pot, covered with cold water and sprinkled with a generous pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 8-10 minutes, until fork tender.
- Blend parmesan cheese, sage leaves and nutmeg.
- Mash the potatoes and place them in a large bowl, add the aromatic parmesan, the eggs, milk, flour, a tablespoon of olive oil and baking powder. Stir and taste, add salt if necessary.
- Bake pancakes as usual (I used a squeeze bottle to give them a regular shape): grease the pan with olive oil, pour the pancake batter with a scoop, spoon or whatever, wait for bubbles all around the edges (about 1 minute), turn around and cook for another minute, on low/medium heat.
- Serve a pile of pancakes seasoned with melting sage butter… and hashtag #foodporn!