I am such a fan of pairing all sorts of flavors with chicken then simply letting it go in the oven until perfectly roasted crisp but still juicy. The combination of tastes in this dish is delicate but still robust. —JennT1981
- Serves 6
whole chicken, clean and pat dry
unsalted butter, cut in 1 inch pieces
fresh orange juice
cloves garlic, minced
unsalted butter, melted
fresh lemon thyme
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour broth into a roasting pan and set aside.
- Loosen skin from chicken breasts and thighs.
- Stuff pieces of butter evenly under skin and place chicken into roasting pan.
- Drizzle with white wine and orange juice under and on top of the skin to coat chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper and rub minced garlic onto surface.
- Brush with remaining melted butter and lay herbs on and around legs.
- Tie legs together with kitchen string, cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and baste with pan juices.
- Continue cooking until no longer pink and temperature reaches 180 degrees F. at the thickest part of the thigh.
- Baste every 10 to 15 minutes throughout cooking.
- Rest poultry for 10 minutes before slicing and serving for juice to redistribute back into the chicken.