If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I tasted halwa for the first time when I attended my friend's Diwali celebration and this is my take on it. —anka
- 3 cups puree banana ( 4 pounds ripe mini bananas )
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut oil
- ground almond
- Peel and pure the bananas ( the more ripe the better )
- In a pan heat 2 tbs coconut oil and add the pureed bananas
- Cook on low heat with continuous stirring adding 1 or 2 more coconut oil ( 30-40 minutes ).
- When bananas change color add honey, keep on cooking for another 5 minutes.Oil will separated from banana,that is OK
- Take off the heat and keep stirring, transfer to a dish lined with parchment paper and let it cool before cutting. I rolled my in ground almonds but it doesn't have to be.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey