I tasted halwa for the first time when I attended my friend's Diwali celebration and this is my take on it.
I tasted halwa for the first time when I attended my friend's Diwali celebration and this is my take on it.—anka
cups puree banana (4 pounds ripe mini bananas)
tablespoons coconut oil
In This Recipe
- Peel and puree the bananas (the riper the better)
- In a pan heat 2 tbs coconut oil and add the pureed bananas.
- Cook on low heat with continuous stirring adding 1 or 2 more coconut oil (30-40 minutes).
- When bananas change colour add honey, keep on cooking for another 5 minutes.Oil will separate from banana, that is OK.
- Take off the heat and keep stirring, transfer to a dish lined with parchment paper and let it cool before cutting. I rolled my in ground almonds but it doesn't have to be.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey