If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The poppy infuses the honey with a strong, earthy flavor. As a bonus, any leftover syrup can be drizzled over ice cream or yoghurt. —Hi, I'm Brian.
Lemon-Poppy Honey Syrup
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Honey Poppy Sour
- 2 ounces London dry gin
- 1 ounce Lemon-Poppy Honey Syrup
- 1/2 ounce pear liqueur
- In a small saucepan, heat poppy seeds over medium-high heat until they pop, about 1 minute.
- Add honey, lemon juice, and lemon zest, and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and kosher salt. Cool to room temperature.
- In a shaker, combine gin, lemon-poppy honey, and pear liqueur, and shake with ice.
- Double strain into a cocktail glass.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey
More Great Recipes: Cocktails