The poppy infuses the honey with a strong, earthy flavor. As a bonus, any leftover syrup can be drizzled over ice cream or yoghurt.
The poppy infuses the honey with a strong, earthy flavor. As a bonus, any leftover syrup can be drizzled over ice cream or yoghurt.—Hi, I'm Brian.
Lemon-Poppy Honey Syrup
tablespoon poppy seeds
cup lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoon kosher salt
Honey Poppy Sour
ounces London dry gin
ounce Lemon-Poppy Honey Syrup
ounce pear liqueur
- In a small saucepan, heat poppy seeds over medium-high heat until they pop, about 1 minute.
- Add honey, lemon juice, and lemon zest, and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and kosher salt. Cool to room temperature.
- In a shaker, combine gin, lemon-poppy honey, and pear liqueur, and shake with ice.
- Double strain into a cocktail glass.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey