If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Just like my Grandmother Ingeborg made...it is succulent, sweet and sour and salty and melts in your mouth. —Kristy Morrill
- 3-4 pounds pork roast boneless (or bone-in)
- 2 cups jar of sauerkraut
- 12 ounces german beer
- 1 chopped apple with skin on
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon fennel
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- mix all except pork roast into roasting pan
- place pork roast on top and push down an inch into kraut mix
- salt and pepper top of roast
- bake uncovered 1 1/2 hour or to doneness desired
- Remove roast and cool 5-10 minutes then slice and place atop a plate of the kraut mixture. Good served with a spicy mustard on the side and some horse radish on the side too
- Leftover sauerkraut is very good heated next day with an egg fried or poached on top :)