If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I used to work and had occasion to travel to Boston South Station I always had to get a serving of the Bourbon Chicken the smell alone was intoxicating. I practiced making it many times before I came up with this recipe. —Kristy Morrill
- 8 boneless skineless chicken thighs sliced 1/2 inch strips
- 8 scallions sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniels or other good bourbon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 chicken liver minced fine
- Coat the chicken with a mixture of the corn starch, salt & pepper, garlic powder, and saute in hot grapeseed oil in a wok or saute pan, add the minced fine livers at the very end for flash frying.
- Add Jack mixed with honey to the pan to deglaze and immediately remove from heat, top with scallions and serve on rice or on lettuce shredded fine.