If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A crispy, spicy roast chicken that even non-curry lovers will quickly call a favorite! —Doreen Cook
- 1 Whole roaster chicken, 6 - 7 lbs
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala curry
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cayenne pepper
- 1 Large yellow onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pat dry the chicken and set aside giblets for another use.
- Using your fingertips, gently separate the skin from the chicken meat to create a pocket.
- Blend together all other ingredients except the onion in a small bowl.
- Massage the spice blend underneath the skin of the chicken and on top of the skin of the chicken.
- Peel and slice the onion into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Place the onions on the bottom of a roasting pan near each other to create a rack for the chicken.
- Place the chicken on top of the onion rack in the roasting pan.
- Roast chicken for 60 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted at the thickest point has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes before slicing and serving
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey