If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These pears are delicious as a salty and sweet snack, dessert or brunch dish. When sliced, they are also a nice salad topper. —A Pleasant Little Kitchen
cup brown sugar
tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
tablespoons dry red wine
teaspoon vanilla extract
Bosc pears, peeled, halved and cored
Pecorino Romano cheese, sliced into thin bite-sized pieces
kosher salt, for topping
honey, for topping
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the brown sugar, olive oil, wine, vanilla extract and pinch of salt. Stir well to combine
- Once the pears are peeled, halved and cored, rub the exposed flesh with the lemon half. This is to prevent browning.
- Add the pears to the sugar mixture and thoroughly coat the pears.
- Place the pears in a baking dish and pour half of the brown sugar mixture over the pears. Reserve the other half for after roasting.
- Roast for 40 minutes.
- Place the roasted pears back into the sugar mixture and coat well.
- Remove the pears, top with a sprinkling of kosher salt, drizzles of honey and slices of Pecorino. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey