Author Notes: These pears are delicious as a salty and sweet snack, dessert or brunch dish. When sliced, they are also a nice salad topper. —A Pleasant Little Kitchen
cup brown sugar
tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
tablespoons dry red wine
teaspoon vanilla extract
Bosc pears, peeled, halved and cored
Pecorino Romano cheese, sliced into thin bite-sized pieces
kosher salt, for topping
honey, for topping
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the brown sugar, olive oil, wine, vanilla extract and pinch of salt. Stir well to combine
- Once the pears are peeled, halved and cored, rub the exposed flesh with the lemon half. This is to prevent browning.
- Add the pears to the sugar mixture and thoroughly coat the pears.
- Place the pears in a baking dish and pour half of the brown sugar mixture over the pears. Reserve the other half for after roasting.
- Roast for 40 minutes.
- Place the roasted pears back into the sugar mixture and coat well.
- Remove the pears, top with a sprinkling of kosher salt, drizzles of honey and slices of Pecorino. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey