pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2 inch pieces
cups roasted Hatch green chiles
garlic cloves, crushed
ounces Modelo Especial (or other light lager beer), at room temperature
teaspoons kosher salt
lime wedges for topping
cilantro, chopped, for topping
In This Recipe
- On the stove top over medium heat, place the green chiles, garlic, beer, water and salt into a large dutch oven. Stir to combine.
- Place the pork in the mixture and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat, cover and bring to a simmer. Cook for 60 to 80 minutes (or until pork is able to be easily pierced with a fork) and stir occasionally.
- Uncover and continue to cook for about 45 to 60 minutes, stir occasionally to prevent burning. Once most the liquid is absorbed, the meat browned and falling apart, the pork is done.
- Salt to taste and serve warm with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer