Author Notes: A twist on the traditional Honey Cake which is a favourite on jewish holidays. This recipe is entirely grain free and refined sugar free, using honey and almond meal instead, making for a delicious and healthy version. —Sandra Ramacher
green apples - peeled, cored and grated
cup coconut cream
cups grapeseed oil/sunflower oil
teaspoons vanilla essence
cups almond meal
teaspoons baking soda
teaspoon ground cloves
- pre-heat the oven to 150°C/300°F
- Peel, core and grate your apples and set aside.
- In a bowl combine your eggs with the honey, coconut cream, oil and vanilla essence and whisk until frothy.
- In another bowl combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Then combine with the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Then add the grated apple and mix well.
- Grease a nine inch bunt baking pan and pour in the dough.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the sides of the cake pull away from the pan and the top is evenly browned.
- Serve with some whipped cream or coconut cream if staying dairy free.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey