If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A twist on the traditional Honey Cake which is a favourite on jewish holidays. This recipe is entirely grain free and refined sugar free, using honey and almond meal instead, making for a delicious and healthy version. —Sandra Ramacher
green apples - peeled, cored and grated
cup coconut cream
cups grapeseed oil/sunflower oil
teaspoons vanilla essence
cups almond meal
teaspoons baking soda
teaspoon ground cloves
- pre-heat the oven to 150°C/300°F
- Peel, core and grate your apples and set aside.
- In a bowl combine your eggs with the honey, coconut cream, oil and vanilla essence and whisk until frothy.
- In another bowl combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Then combine with the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Then add the grated apple and mix well.
- Grease a nine inch bunt baking pan and pour in the dough.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the sides of the cake pull away from the pan and the top is evenly browned.
- Serve with some whipped cream or coconut cream if staying dairy free.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey