If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I recently had a cannoli made with sheep's milk ricotta, it was really good. So I decided to use it in this recipe. Standard milk ricotta works well too. Also feel free to substitute walnuts for other toppings: strawberries, cherries, shaved chocolate, pistachios ... —Flirty Foodie
- 9 ounces sheep's milk ricotta (or cow's milk), drained
- 1/2 cup cream, well chilled
- 5 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Using an electric hand mixer, whip cream in a medium bowl until it forms firm peaks.
- In a separate bowl whip together ricotta, 3 tbsp honey and lemon zest until smooth. Carefully fold whipped cream into ricotta mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an 1 hour.
- Gather two serving bowl/cups. Spoon a layer of whipped ricotta into each bowl. Followed by a layer of honey, approx. 1 tbsp honey per dish. Top with remaining whipped ricotta. Garnish with chopped walnuts. Serve and Enjoy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey