If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Inspired by Luis Troyano’s orange and anise seed Swiss Roll. Such a marvelous combination of flavors! ;o)
Makes 8 - 10 depending on the size of your mold
- ¼ cup wildflower honey
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds, finely crushed using a mortar and pestle
- ¼ cup orange juice concentrate (See note below.)
- 1 1/2 cups full fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- 2 tiny drops almond extract
- Warm the honey in the microwave for about 30 seconds. (I do this in a one cup glass measure.) Add the anise seeds and allow to cool and infuse. If you don’t want the seeds in your pops, heat the honey again and strain the seeds.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until thoroughly blended. Put into frozen pop molds. Freeze until hard.
- Enjoy! ;o)
- NB Orange juice concentrate is amazing stuff. Did you know that it's largely composed of peels, of a variety of orange or combinations of oranges selected to give the fullest taste? John McPhee wrote a fascinating series of long reads for the New Yorker about this years ago. I am fairly certain that they were brought together into a book. In any event, I love using the stuff when I need a good boost of natural orange flavor. ;o)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey