If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A tender cake with a cinnamon streusel topping that pairs perfectly with your morning coffee. —TammyRenea
FOR THE CAKE
- FOR THE CAKE
- Dry bread crumbs (I used fresh and it turned out fine) for coating the pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
FOR THE STREUSEL
- 3/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350º.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with breadcrumbs.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt until well blended, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Remove 1 cup of the crumbs to a separate bowl. To this mixture cut in 2 additional tablespoons of butter, and set aside.
- Add to the main mixture in the large bowl the baking powder and baking soda and mix thoroughly.
- Add the buttermilk, egg, and vanilla, and beat vigorously until the batter is smooth and fluffy, 1 1/2-2 minutes.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Add to the reserved crumb topping the pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Toss with a fork until blended.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the batter and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50-65 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a rack for 5-10 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool on a rack for 1 ½ hours before serving.
More Great Recipes: Breakfast & Brunch