If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pljeskavica is made from ground lamb,beef or pork or a combination of the three, shaped into a patty grilled and served on a plate with onion, ajvar ( roasted pepper and eggplant condiment), kajmak (dairy spread, something between cream cheese, sour cream and cream) , or on a fresh somun (lepinja) . It is popular in the Balkan countries.
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 3 slices smoked bacon (about 3 oz ) diced
- 1 medium onion dice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces feta cheese crumbed
- 1 tablespoon aji pepper paste
- salt and pepper ( be careful with salt, bacon and feta are salty )
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cook onion and bacon for 10 minutes.
- In large bowl put all ingredients, add cooled bacon and onion.
- Mix and let sit for 1-2 hours in the fridge, covered.
- Make into the patties, you can pan fry or grill them. ( I made 6 large, you can easy make 8 )
- ( I make marks in the grill pan and finish cooking in the oven )