If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A quick and easy, all in one mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe designed to be made with mint chocolate flavoured chocolate/ candy bars: Mint Aero in the UK, or Mint Thins in the USA.
The plain base I used creating this recipe is vaguely related to the one that was in the booklet that came with my Cuisnart Ice Cream Maker. —Rachel Phipps
Makes: 1 large tub
cup Whole Milk
ounces Granulated Sugar
cups Heavy Cream
teaspoon Peppermint Extract
ounces Mint Chocolate
- In a medium bowl whisk together the milk and the sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Whisk in the peppermint extract and the cream. Cover and leave in the fridge to infuse for a couple of hours.
- Churn as per your ice cream makers instructions for about 45 minutes, or until you get a loose but still firm ice cream like texture that holds its shape.
- Meanwhile, chop the chocolate bar into small pieces, and add them to the ice cream maker in the last 5 minutes of churning.
- Freeze in a 1 pint tub or small individual tubs. This should keep about a month.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer