If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A sweet, spicy, sassy sauce to serve over cream cheese or goat cheese with crackers; it's also delicious as a condiment with roasted pork or chicken or a glaze for ham. You can take it to the next level with homemade preserves, or buy pre-made ingredients.
This is a classic recipe and many versions can be found online; my family's recipe, a Christmas Eve staple for three decades, has an extra kick from a higher percentage of horseradish. —cook.can.read
- 6 ounces pineapple preserves
- 6 ounces apple jelly
- 5 ounces prepared horseradish
- 2 ounces yellow mustard (not powdered)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine all ingredients and stir until the preserves melt and the mixture is completely blended.
- Cool to room temperature before storing in a tightly-sealed jar or container in the refrigerator.
- Jezebel sauce keeps for at least 2 months; ingredients may be doubled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
More Great Recipes: