If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
ounces bacon, diced
leeks, thinly sliced
cups white beans, canned or cooked until tender but not mushy (Great Northern or Cannelini)
tablespoon fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- Saute bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy and browned.
- Slice leeks and rinse well.
- Add leeks to crisped bacon, and stir while moisture from leeks deglazes pan.
- When leeks are soft and beginning to carmelize, add thyme and drained beans to skillet.
- Cook on low heat for 5-10 minutes, adding salt to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer