ounces bacon, diced
leeks, thinly sliced
cups white beans, canned or cooked until tender but not mushy (Great Northern or Cannelini)
tablespoon fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- Saute bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy and browned.
- Slice leeks and rinse well.
- Add leeks to crisped bacon, and stir while moisture from leeks deglazes pan.
- When leeks are soft and beginning to carmelize, add thyme and drained beans to skillet.
- Cook on low heat for 5-10 minutes, adding salt to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer