If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a awesome and quick recipe that is perfect for summer grill outs! —Bethany Cornish Smith
Serves 4 people
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 lemons- zest and juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sprigs thyme (leaves removed from the stalk)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- We’ll start with the marinade. Combine the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper in a large bowl or in my case a baking dish. Add in the shrimp and let it marinate in the fridge for about an hour. You don’t want to leave it for much longer that that, or you the acid in the lemon will begin to cook the shrimp.
- Next, skewer the shrimp. You can skip this step if you are using a grill pan indoors, but if you are grilling outside, it’s hard to individually flip the shrimp without losing a few through the grill grate. While working on the skewers, preheat your grill to medium high.
- Once the grill has come up to temperature, place the skewers on the grill. The shrimp will only take 3 minutes per side. It is very important to stay close by, as over cooked shrimp are one of the worst things ever!! After you take the shrimp off the grill, place the skewers on a platter and garnish with parsley. Finally, serve one skewer per person along with a lemon wedge.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer