If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's one my Mom made often because we all liked all the ingredients. Over the years I have added or taken away ingredients depending on who I was serving it to. —maryamyb
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 3/4" thick ham steak
- 4 large potatoes peeled and sliced 1/2" thick
- 2 large onions sliced 1/2" thick
- 2 cans cut green beans (including liquid)
- In a large skillet with a lid, layer the ingredients in the order given. Put the lid on the pot and cook on a medium heat for 45 to 60 minutes. Check potatoes for doneness. If there is too much liquid left, leave the lid off and reduce liquid until there is just a little left, being careful not to let it dry out.
- Over the years I have added baby carrots on top of the green beans, also large slices of cabbage, asparagus. I've even done half potatoes and half sweet potatoes, because my husband likes the sweet potatoes with the ham together. With this casserole I serve biscuits and a fruit salad. These are a great match with the ingredients.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
More Great Recipes: