If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a family recipe that my mom made as a kid. When I was young, my mom would make it on Friday nights (only Fridays!) and she would recruit us to stir it. Standing still for at least fifteen minutes was a trial but it was always worth it in the end. Now, it is my go-to when I can craving chocolate. It is very easy and the ingredients are always on hand. —ginnygetsfloury
Makes: 8 in x 8 in pan of fudge
cup milk (full fat is best but I have had success with skim)
tablespoons cocoa, heaping
- Combine in the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring consistently, until it boils and reaches a soft ball stage, about 15-20 min (Check by dripping it into a cup of cold water. If makes a soft ball, it is ready).
- Remove from heat and beat until it starts losing its gloss.
- Add the butter and vanilla.
- Keep beating until thickens.
- Pour quickly into 8 in. X 8 in. greased pan. It will set up quickly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer