If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crispy honey rounds, layered with smooth honey ricotta cheese and fresh berries are placed over a berry coulis, for one delectable dessert. —Bohdanna
cup orange blossom mild honey, divided
tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
tablespoons water, divided
tablespoons all-purpose flour
cups or thawed frozen berries, mixed or single variety, divided
cups ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line the outside of 15 x 10 baking sheet with silicone mat.
- In food processor, pulse together ¼ cup honey and butter until smooth. Add water, one tablespoon at a time, up to 3 tablespoons, pulse a few times until smooth. Add flour, pulse until well blended and smooth. Add more water if necessary.
- Spread batter thinly and evenly over baking sheet, within 1 inch of edges. Bake about 15-17, minutes until edges are dry and batter is no longer shiny. Transfer to rack. Cut into 4-inch rounds (or desired shapes), while still very warm.
- Puree 1 cup berries, 6 tablespoons water and ¼ cup honey in a blender until smooth. Strain through a sieve to remove seeds. Set aside.
- Mix ricotta cheese with remaining honey until well blended.
- To Assemble: Place ~2 tablespoons berry sauce in a large circle in the center of each of 6 serving plates.
- Place 2 tablespoons ricotta mixture in the center. Add 4 whole berries over ricotta. Top with a crispy honey round. Top with 2 tablespoons ricotta mixture, followed by 4 whole berries, and topped with another crispy honey round. End with a tablespoon of ricotta and a berry in the center. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer