Author Notes: Crispy honey rounds, layered with smooth honey ricotta cheese and fresh berries are placed over a berry coulis, for one delectable dessert. —Bohdanna
cup orange blossom mild honey, divided
tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
tablespoons water, divided
tablespoons all-purpose flour
cups or thawed frozen berries, mixed or single variety, divided
cups ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line the outside of 15 x 10 baking sheet with silicone mat.
- In food processor, pulse together ¼ cup honey and butter until smooth. Add water, one tablespoon at a time, up to 3 tablespoons, pulse a few times until smooth. Add flour, pulse until well blended and smooth. Add more water if necessary.
- Spread batter thinly and evenly over baking sheet, within 1 inch of edges. Bake about 15-17, minutes until edges are dry and batter is no longer shiny. Transfer to rack. Cut into 4-inch rounds (or desired shapes), while still very warm.
- Puree 1 cup berries, 6 tablespoons water and ¼ cup honey in a blender until smooth. Strain through a sieve to remove seeds. Set aside.
- Mix ricotta cheese with remaining honey until well blended.
- To Assemble: Place ~2 tablespoons berry sauce in a large circle in the center of each of 6 serving plates.
- Place 2 tablespoons ricotta mixture in the center. Add 4 whole berries over ricotta. Top with a crispy honey round. Top with 2 tablespoons ricotta mixture, followed by 4 whole berries, and topped with another crispy honey round. End with a tablespoon of ricotta and a berry in the center. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer