Author Notes: Create those crispy Creamy Diner French fries you love so much in your own kitchen. ( no fryer required) It's so easy to do you'll look for excuses to eat more french fries. —MyMansBelly
Russet Potatoes, peeled
tablespoons Olive Oil
- Fill a 4-5 quart pan with water and place on the burner
- Slice potatoes into ¼"-1/2" slices and drop into the pan of water.
- Bring pot to a boil and reduce heat so that it's at a slow rolling boil and cook potatoes for 3 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully remove potatoes with a slotted spoon and either set them on a paper towel lined plate or on a cooling rack. This lets the excess water drain away. And you can do this up to a couple of hours ahead of cooking them in the oven.
- Add olive oil to a large bowl and gently add the potatoes to the bowl.
- Use your hands to turn potatoes in the oil and get them well coated with the oil.
- Arrange potatoes, in a single layer, on a foil/parchment paper/silpat lined baking sheet. You may need 2 pans.
- Sprinkle with sea salt (or other seasoning as you wish).
- Slide them into the oven.
- After 15 minutes turn the potatoes over and switch the baking pans around if you've used more than one.
- 15 minutes later, turn the potatoes again and check how they're browning.
- Let them cook for 6 more minutes and see if they're done to your liking. If not, keep checking on them in 5 minute intervals. If you like how they're done, pull them from the oven.
- Serve them piping hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer