If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Create those crispy Creamy Diner French fries you love so much in your own kitchen. ( no fryer required) It's so easy to do you'll look for excuses to eat more french fries. —MyMansBelly
Russet Potatoes, peeled
tablespoons Olive Oil
- Fill a 4-5 quart pan with water and place on the burner
- Slice potatoes into ¼"-1/2" slices and drop into the pan of water.
- Bring pot to a boil and reduce heat so that it's at a slow rolling boil and cook potatoes for 3 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully remove potatoes with a slotted spoon and either set them on a paper towel lined plate or on a cooling rack. This lets the excess water drain away. And you can do this up to a couple of hours ahead of cooking them in the oven.
- Add olive oil to a large bowl and gently add the potatoes to the bowl.
- Use your hands to turn potatoes in the oil and get them well coated with the oil.
- Arrange potatoes, in a single layer, on a foil/parchment paper/silpat lined baking sheet. You may need 2 pans.
- Sprinkle with sea salt (or other seasoning as you wish).
- Slide them into the oven.
- After 15 minutes turn the potatoes over and switch the baking pans around if you've used more than one.
- 15 minutes later, turn the potatoes again and check how they're browning.
- Let them cook for 6 more minutes and see if they're done to your liking. If not, keep checking on them in 5 minute intervals. If you like how they're done, pull them from the oven.
- Serve them piping hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer