If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: On hot summer nights I like to sip on my dinner. I sit in my backyard with a cold glass of dinner in one hand and my camera in another and observe dozens of butterflies, birds and squirrels chased by our dogs. This summer just took a whole new level when I discovered Margarita Ice Cream. Oh summer, I love you so! What better dessert to accompany those nights than this one? Ok, maybe rum and raisin ice cream is a good substitute. I made that one from scratch first and I’ll share the recipe with you soon.
Homemade ice cream is so easy to make and this one was way-too-easy to eat. This express dessert- delirious should not be served to underage children. More for us, right? —All that's Jas
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Triple Sec (such as Cointreau)
- 2 tablespoons Tequila
- Put the milk, cream, lime juice, triple sec and tequila into a large bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. It should be thick and smooth but not too stiff.
- Scrape into an airtight container to freeze overnight. Because of alcohol it will not freeze too hard and it will melt quickly.
- If desired, serve in margarita glasses with sugar/salt dipped rims. Garnish with lime zest (optional).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
More Great Recipes:
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts