Author Notes: On hot summer nights I like to sip on my dinner. I sit in my backyard with a cold glass of dinner in one hand and my camera in another and observe dozens of butterflies, birds and squirrels chased by our dogs. This summer just took a whole new level when I discovered Margarita Ice Cream. Oh summer, I love you so! What better dessert to accompany those nights than this one? Ok, maybe rum and raisin ice cream is a good substitute. I made that one from scratch first and I’ll share the recipe with you soon.
Homemade ice cream is so easy to make and this one was way-too-easy to eat. This express dessert- delirious should not be served to underage children. More for us, right? —All that's Jas
cup condensed milk
cups heavy cream
cup lime juice
tablespoons Triple Sec (such as Cointreau)
- Put the milk, cream, lime juice, triple sec and tequila into a large bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. It should be thick and smooth but not too stiff.
- Scrape into an airtight container to freeze overnight. Because of alcohol it will not freeze too hard and it will melt quickly.
- If desired, serve in margarita glasses with sugar/salt dipped rims. Garnish with lime zest (optional).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
More Great Recipes:
Ice Cream/Frozen Desserts