If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted to come up with some alcohol-free version of cocktails, and this one was definitely a winner! I made a classic gin fizz along with this one, and I really had a tough time figuring out which one was which. —Courtney
- 1 1/2 teaspoons juniper berries
- 1/8 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 black peppercorn
- 1 cardamom pod
- 1 piece orange peel (2 inches)
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- Sparkling water
- Mint leaves (for garnish, optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Add 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar to a sauce pan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the first six ingredients (through the bay leaf) to the sugar and water mixture and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let the flavors steep in the simple syrup for 30 minutes. Strain into a container -- this is your gin-infused simple syrup. (You can store it in the fridge for up to one month.)
- Add 1 ounce lemon juice and 1/2 ounce gin-infused simple syrup into a shaker with ice.
- Shake it up, strain into a highball glass and top with sparkling water. Garnish with a lemon slice or mint leaves and enjoy!
More Great Recipes: