If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you have a Trifle bowl, or any large clear bowl, this dessert is quite eye-catching on your dinner table! Any fresh fruit can be used--in this recipe I concentrate on green-colored fruits to go with my St. Patrick's Day dinner. Other combos that work well are: Strawberries-Bananas-Mandarin Orange OR Peach-Pear-Cherry. Refrigerate until ready to serve to keep the cream dressing firm. For those watching their weight, it is an especially welcome dessert as it contains NO FAT! —BeijingRose
- 1 Angel Food Cake
- 1 large container frozen Cool Whip
- 1 1/2 cup fat-free Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup spiced rum
- 2-3 cups of sweet green seedless grapes
- 2 cans no-sugar-added pineapple chunks
- 8 Kiwi fruits, peeled
- Place the frozen Cool Whip in a medium mixing bowl and chop with spatula. Pour the fat-free yogurt over the top, then sprinkle on most of the brown sugar (reserving a little to sprinkle on top of the finished dessert.), and 1/2 the run. Mix well. It should be thick and creamy. Set aside in the fridge to keep it cold.
- Cut each grape in half and toss in a large serving bowl. Cut the small ends off each kiwi and carefully peel, then slice each one into about 5-6 slices--reserve a bout 20 slices for decoration around the bowl--add kiwi to the grapes. Drain the pineapple (save the juice for drinking later!), and toss into the bowl. Pour the rum over the fruit and toss it lightly. Let this sit for about 30 minutes.
- Pour rum and fruit into the cream mixture and toss gently. Pour half the fruit into the trifle bowl (or any large clear bowl). Set half the reserved kiwi slices around the sides of the bowl inside, as shown. Break the angel food cake into large chunks and cover the first layer of fruit and cream. Tuck the other half of the reserved kiwi slices around the edge, up against the insides of the glass bowl ( as shown in photo). Pour over the angel food chunks the rest of the fruit-cream mix. Sprinkle a little brown sugar on top and decorate with green grapes. Chill for one hour before serving.