If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quick, easy, tangy— AND it just melts in your mouth! I lifted the idea for this dish over at Lemony Thyme, one of my new favorite foodie sites to visit. Not only are her recipes fantastic, she take wonderful photographs. Her version uses pepperoncini peppers, but I only happened to have a jar of pickled banana peppers on hand. While these peppers are similar in appearance and taste, they are different peppers. The pepperoncinis are a bit spicier, while the banana peppers are a bit sweeter. Either one you use will work just fine. I also added minced garlic instead of powder, and threw in some sliced onions at the last minute. Four ingredients and some spices. Go on, what are you waiting for??? —anotherfoodieblogger
- 1.5 pounds boneless chuck roast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 8-ounce jar banana peppers or pepperoncinis
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- Ground black pepper, salt, and/or seasoning blend of choice
- Season the roast generously with the black pepper and Mrs. Dash, or salt if you prefer. Rub the minced garlic evenly around the roast. Place the roast in a 3-quart crock pot, and dump the entire jar of peppers, liquid included, over the roast. Place the sliced onions on top.
- Cover, and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Ta-Dah!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer