Author Notes: I made this one up on the fly - pears were looking gorgeous and I was craving some blue cheese. —Carol Gauger
bosc per person - just barely ripe
tablespoons chopped raw pecans per person
tablespoons crumbled good quality blue cheese per person
cup spring greens
tablespoons your favorite balsamic reduction/glaze
- Preheat oven to 375
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray
- Gently wash pears, cut in half and remove seeds, tough interior flesh and stem
- Place each pear on cookie sheet and top with roughly chopped pecans
- Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese
- Cooke for approximately 20 minutes - pears should be soft and cheese bubbly. Do not overcook (pears will be too dry)
- Lay bed of spring green on individual plate or platter depending on number of portions.
- Arrange cooked pear on greens and drizzle each with balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
More Great Recipes: