If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This has become a Sunday night dinner favorite. I serve it over gorgonzola mashed potatoes. —Leslieb
beef short ribs
ounces Guiness stout beer
cups beef stock
tablespoons all purpose seasoning (I use Santa Maria)
tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with foil. Place short ribs bone side up and season with the seasoning. Turn over each piece and season meat side up. Bake for 20 minutes each side. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temp to 350 degrees.
- In a large dutch oven over medium-high heat add the olive oil, then the seasoning. Next add the beer, then the stock. Try not to let the beer foam too much. Bring to a boil then turn off heat.
- Add the short ribs to the pot and cover. Place in oven and cook for two hours. When ready, remove and let sit with cover slightly askew for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or polenta.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer