If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These lemon bars are a bit of a go-to for me now.
They have only 5 ingredients (which luckily I always seem to have around!) and take all of 5 minutes to prepare. I tried to give them a catchy ‘5 Ingredient Lemon Slice’ slogan, or ‘Paleo Lemon Bars in just 5 minutes!’ but they have so many things going for them, I couldn’t quite settle on which angle to run with.
These bars are the BEST on hand snack to have in your kitchen. They are a ‘paleo’ friendly treat, meaning they are made using only natural unprocessed ingredients. Vegan friendly, sugar free, gluten free, raw – you name it! These babies are choc full of the good stuff.
I keep mine in the freezer, but they hold together very well, so are a perfect lunchbox addition for the kids.
Plus they taste amazing. Seriously. No one will know they are actually good for you. —Eat This My Friend | Jade O'Donahoo
Makes: 12 bars
cup shredded coconut, plus an extra handful for garnish
cup raw natural almonds
cups medjool dates, pitted
1 - 2
lemons (juice from)
sea salt, for sprinkling
- Place the almonds and shredded coconut into a food processor and pulse until quite finely ground.
- Add the dates, I do mine one at at time, and keep pulsing with each addition. Continue until all the dates are ground and you have a coarse, sticky mixture. Squeeze in the juice from 1 – 2 lemons and stir to combine.
- Add a sprinkling of extra coconut to the top and press this down into the mix with your hands. Sprinkle on a big pinch of large flaked sea salt.
- Place the pan in the freezer and freeze for at least an hour. Remove and cut into bars.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer