If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These no bake macaroons from Birch & Wild are creamy, satisfying and rich, with a lightly floral taste. Perfect for tea parties, gifts or for impressing your mother in law!
- 4 ounces Plain Goat chevre
- 2 1/2 cups Unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup Raw cacao powder
- 1 cup Fair Trade Dark Chocolate (I used 88%)
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Sea salt or Himilayan salt
- A few pinches Dried Lavender flowers
- 1/4 cup Pure coconut nectar (or honey)
- Mix the room temperature goat chevre with the vanilla extract, sea salt and raw cacao in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- melt the chocolate in a double boiler (I do this by placing a heat proof bowl in a pot of boiling or simmering water. The bottom of the bowl should not be submerged in the water, as you don't want to burn the chocolate). Once the chocolate is melted, turn the heat off, but leave the bowl of chocolate in the pot so it doesn't solidify while you are forming the macaroons.
- Add two tablespoons of the melted chocolate to the chevre mixture and stir well. Then add the coconut to this mixture and stir until combined.
- Form the macaroons using your hands. I made balls that were about the size of a golf ball and then flattened them a bit. Place the macaroons on a parchment lined baking sheet. Once you have formed all of the macaroons, dip one side (or the whole thing if you are feeling those vibes) in to the remaining melted chocolate and place on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with the lavender flowers. Place in the freezer until the chocolate is dry. Enjoy!