Author Notes: I created this dish one day when i had purchased a lot of seafood and didn't have anything that was filling. I hope you enjoy this as much we did —jamil king
Serves: 2 people
Hot Turkey Sausage links
tablespoons Bread Crumbs
Oil(Vegetable or Light Olive)
- Pre Heat oven to 375 ,Remove sausage from casing and place in a bowl
- Clean Squid, Separate Body from Tentacle, remove skin, make sure the hard cartilage is removed from the inside.
- In a bowl, dump the sausage removed from casing.
- Add egg and bread crumbs, and mix the ingredients.
- Season the Squid body with Salt and pepper inside and outside.
- Fill the inside of squid with sausage mix, I piped it in by using a sandwich bag and cutting one of the ends off
- Do not completely fill the squid, leave about an inch so it can be closed. take a toothpick and close the open end
- Heat a medium, or large saute pan to medium high heat,add oil
- place 2 squid in pan for 2 minutes on each side to give it some color.
- Remove from pan and repeat with remaining 2 squid.
- Brown any remaining filling in pan. add marina for approximately 5 min
- pour marinara to baking dish, add squid and place in oven for 15 minutes
- take the squid out the oven after approx 15 min of cooking or until sausage inside is cooked.
- Slice Squid into rings,lay Squid rings onto serving dish and spoon over marina sauce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer