If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A thin pie crust filled with sticky salted caramel topped with dark chocolate ganache and toasted almonds —Patricia Brehmer
grams powdered sugar(icing sugar)
tablespoons cold water
- Measure out your butter and cut it into cubes
- Mix flour and powdered sugar together in a bowl
- Combine butter with the flour by "rubbing" the butter in the flour. It is important not to work too much with the butter, stop when it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the water one tablespoon at a time. You do not necessarily need 4 tablespoon, stop adding water when the dough comes together
- Roll the dough out to a 3 mm thickness, gently roll the dough around you rolling pin and unroll it over the pie plate, fit the dough in the plate by gently pressing the dough
- Place the pie plate in the fridge for at least 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Prick holes on the bottom with a fork. don't prick all the way to the bottom, place a piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and weight with baking beans or dried chickpeas and bake for 10 minutes
- Take the crust out, remove the parchment paper and baking beans, and bake the crust for an additional 15 minutes
- Take the pie crust out and trim of the excess crust, let it cool completely
Salted caramel and chocolate ganache
milliliters heavy cream
grams dark chocolate
blanched sliced almonds
- Toast the almonds on a baking tray in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius until light brown
- Come the sugar in a heavy bottomed saucepan and melted over medium-high heat until it is all melted and has a dark caramel color
- Add the butter and whisk until melted. Be careful it will fizz up
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and slowly add the 200 milliliters of heavy cream, it will fizz a lot, but just keep stirring.
- Add the salt and mix, pour the caramel over the cooled pie crust and place in the fridge for about 4 hours preferably over night until the caramel has set completely
- For the chocolate ganache come chocolate, 300 milliliters of heavy cream and honey in a saucepan and carefully heat until the chocolate has melted. Let it cool a bit before pouring it over the set caramel, scatter the almonds on top
- Place the tart back in the fridge for about 4 hours till the chocolate ganache has set