If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When my neighbor (thanks Nantada) got me a bagful of freshly picked apples, I immediately started wondering what recipe I could possibly create. The traditional apple pie was way too time consuming - I wanted something quick and relatively light on the stomach. That is when I came up with my version of an Apple Ricotta Pie. You need just three main ingredients - apples, ricotta cheese and graham crackers. A tasty and easy recipe that would be wonderful to make on short notice. —Shalini Singh @ Shalini's Kitchen
- 2 cups ground graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium apples, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1.5 cups ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix graham crackers and butter in a bowl until well blended.
- Transfer this mixture into a greased small or medium sized baking pan and press it down as this will serve as the base of our apple ricotta pie.
- Add apples, brown sugar and butter to a medium sized pan and cook over medium heat for about 7 minutes or until apples are slightly tender.
- Pour the apple mixture into the baking pan, over the graham cracker and butter base. Spread it out evenly.
- Put dollops of ricotta cheese on the top of the apple mixture.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes and until the ricotta cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer