Author Notes: When my neighbor (thanks Nantada) got me a bagful of freshly picked apples, I immediately started wondering what recipe I could possibly create. The traditional apple pie was way too time consuming - I wanted something quick and relatively light on the stomach. That is when I came up with my version of an Apple Ricotta Pie. You need just three main ingredients - apples, ricotta cheese and graham crackers. A tasty and easy recipe that would be wonderful to make on short notice. —Shalini Singh @ Shalini's Kitchen
cups ground graham crackers
medium apples, peeled and cut into small cubes
tablespoons brown sugar
cups ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix graham crackers and butter in a bowl until well blended.
- Transfer this mixture into a greased small or medium sized baking pan and press it down as this will serve as the base of our apple ricotta pie.
- Add apples, brown sugar and butter to a medium sized pan and cook over medium heat for about 7 minutes or until apples are slightly tender.
- Pour the apple mixture into the baking pan, over the graham cracker and butter base. Spread it out evenly.
- Put dollops of ricotta cheese on the top of the apple mixture.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes and until the ricotta cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer