Author Notes: This quick, easy and healthful dish is very popular in coastal Croatia. It is a great side dish for grilled fish, calamari, steak or meatballs. —Jelena Jozovic
Idaho Russet potatoes
pound Swiss chard
cloves of garlic
tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes and dice them into 1 inch pieces. Fill a large pot with water, add potatoes, some salt and bring to a boil.
- Trim about 1/2 inch off the chard's stems and chop it up into 2 inch pieces.
- When potatoes are tender, add the chard and cook for about 10 minutes or until the stem pieces are tender. Drain in a colander.
- Return back into the pot. Dress with olive oil, add finely chopped garlic and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir well and mash with a fork. Serve warm or room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer