If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This quick, easy and healthful dish is very popular in coastal Croatia. It is a great side dish for grilled fish, calamari, steak or meatballs. —Jelena Jozovic
- 3 Idaho Russet potatoes
- 1 pound Swiss chard
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes and dice them into 1 inch pieces. Fill a large pot with water, add potatoes, some salt and bring to a boil.
- Trim about 1/2 inch off the chard's stems and chop it up into 2 inch pieces.
- When potatoes are tender, add the chard and cook for about 10 minutes or until the stem pieces are tender. Drain in a colander.
- Return back into the pot. Dress with olive oil, add finely chopped garlic and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir well and mash with a fork. Serve warm or room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer