If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an easy recipe that I always make when I'm looking for comfort food after a long day and fills my kitchen with the warm smell of sage. I usually pair it with pierogies or homemade spaetzle. —FoodismyMuse
- 1 pound Sweet Italian sausage, cut into 3" pieces
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cut into 1" slices
- 1 Medium onion, cut into 1" slices
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground sage
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place sliced sausage in roasting pan and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice apples and onion into 1" slices. Melt butter in a small bowl in microwave.
- Toss sliced apples, onions, sage, and salt and pepper into bowl with the melted butter.
- After sausage has roasted for 20 minutes, turn them over and add apple and onion mixture to the pan. Roast for an additional 20 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer