If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Baked eggs make a tidy little meal, especially when served with fruit and a slice of whole grain toast. They are also a surprisingly versatile vehicle for leftovers. For example, you could replace the tomato, spinach, basil, and turkey bacon in this recipe with a scoop of leftover chili, curry, vegetable stew, or beans and rice. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/baked-egg-one —Healthline
- low-fat cooking spray
- 1 1/2 inch slice of tomato
- 1/4 cup baby spinach, rinsed
- 4 leaves of fresh basil, rinsed
- 1 piece turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Spray a ramekin or small oven-proof dish with low-fat cooking spray. Place the tomato on the bottom of the dish, pack the spinach and basil on top, and arrange the turkey bacon over the greens. Crack the egg over the turkey bacon and garnish with freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake the egg for approximately 15 minutes – or until the yolk has set. Start checking your egg after 10 minutes or so, since the cooking time can vary from one oven to another.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer