Author Notes: Famished, this recipe was born from ingredients I have on hand. Quick and easy enough for when you're "hangry" (so hungry, you're angry) but filling and delicious. There are plenty of possibilities and add-ins, but the simplicity of this suits me just fine. —Stephanie
Serves: 2-4 (depending on just how hangry you are!)
anchovies (oil packed), finely chopped
ounces can salmon (smoked is preferable)
- Place large pot of salted water on high, to boil and preheat grill or enameled skillet to medium high.
- Cook linguine according to package directions for al dente pasta. While pasta is cooking, grill or sear lemons (cut side down) for 3-5 minutes or until flesh just begins to char.
- Drain pasta into colander and set aside. Juice lemons. Return pot to medium heat. In pot, melt butter and whisk in lemon juice and anchovies.
- Return pasta to pan with lemon butter. Flake salmon and add to pan. Heat through and serve warm. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer