If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dessert (or breakfast) is one of most delicious things I have ever tasted... Plus it can be made ahead of time making it perfect for the afternoon picnic or BBQ this summer! The combination of bread pudding, caramel sauce and whipping cream melts in your mouth and defines the meaning of heaven here on earth. —Kristina's Cooking
- 12 Large Croissants
- 1 quart Half & Half
- 7 Large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, diced
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Dice the croissants and place in a large bowl, set aside.
- Blend half & half, eggs, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon with a hand or stand up mixer.
- Pour wet mixture over croissants and mix well.
- Let stand for 45 minutes.
- Mix again to make sure the wet mixture is absorbed by the croissants.
- Add apples to mixture and combine.
- Pour into a buttered 9x11 inch baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream and warm caramel sauce!