Author Notes: It's fast, super easy and good. Everyone likes it.
—ellen [email protected]
Serves: 2 or 4 hungry people as appetizers
ounces packaged combination of shredded Monterey Jack & Cheddar cheese
ounces cream cheese
pound loaf unsliced sour dough French bread, cut into 1" cubes
egg whites, beaten
In This Recipe
- Combine shredded cheese & cream cheese in double boiler or pan set over hot water over med.heat. When cheese is melted,Stir a bit,
- Cover a cookie tin with parchment or waxed paper. Fold egg whites into cheese mixture.
- Dip bread into cheese-eggwhite mixtue, & place on tray. Put in freezer til firm. (Doesn't take too long). Frreze til ready to use.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Put frozen cubes on baking sheet, lined with parchment or sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 8 to 10 minutes til lightly brown. Serve while hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer