If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's fast, super easy and good. Everyone likes it.
Serves 2 or 4 hungry people as appetizers
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 ounces packaged combination of shredded Monterey Jack & Cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pound loaf unsliced sour dough French bread, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- Combine shredded cheese & cream cheese in double boiler or pan set over hot water over med.heat. When cheese is melted,Stir a bit,
- Cover a cookie tin with parchment or waxed paper. Fold egg whites into cheese mixture.
- Dip bread into cheese-eggwhite mixtue, & place on tray. Put in freezer til firm. (Doesn't take too long). Frreze til ready to use.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Put frozen cubes on baking sheet, lined with parchment or sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 8 to 10 minutes til lightly brown. Serve while hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer