If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I was a kid (elementary school age), this was our dinner (with copious amounts of white bread and soft butter) on the night of the Academy Awards each year. My mom, dad, and I would sit at a 'special event" card table with the fold-out legs and matching fold-out chairs in front of the (1950's style) TV screen and watch the whole program. I could stay up late for the occasion. Needless to say, it has a special place in my food memories. —jph
Serves 1 for dinner; 2 as a side
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
- 4 strips bacon, diced
- 1 small (or 1/2 medium) onion, chopped
- Fry bacon until crisp; remove from pan with slotted spoon. Add onions, cook until soft. Return bacon to pan. Add tomato sauce and beans; blend. Cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer