If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Perfect for a refreshing spring time treat! It also doubles as a cocktail when you top it off with a generous pour of sparkling wine. —Beau Ciolino
Makes 1 quart
- 1 pound strawberries, stems removed
- 1/2 cup lightly packed chopped basil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup blood orange (you can substitute orange) juice, pulp optional
- Puree strawberries in a food processor or blender until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the water and sugar to a boil until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and whisk in the basil, followed by the strawberry puree and blood orange juice.
- Pour ingredients into a freezer safe container and place in the freezer until solid.
- Enjoy with a spoon or a pour of sparkling wine!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer