Author Notes: Perfect for a refreshing spring time treat! It also doubles as a cocktail when you top it off with a generous pour of sparkling wine. —Beau Ciolino
Makes: 1 quart
pound strawberries, stems removed
cup lightly packed chopped basil
cup granulated sugar
cup blood orange (you can substitute orange) juice, pulp optional
In This Recipe
- Puree strawberries in a food processor or blender until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the water and sugar to a boil until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and whisk in the basil, followed by the strawberry puree and blood orange juice.
- Pour ingredients into a freezer safe container and place in the freezer until solid.
- Enjoy with a spoon or a pour of sparkling wine!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer