If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy applesauce the lets the crockpot and the apples do all the hard work. Not too sweet and not too tart with a zing of citrus that kids will love. —Ann Zaleta
- 3 cups Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cubed
- 4 cups Gala apples, peeled, cubed
- 1 Navel orange, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon Pure vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a crockpot, mix well to combine.
- Allow to cook on low or high for 2-4 hours, until apples are soft enough to mash with the back of a spoon. Mash to desired consistency.
- Place in a long shallow pan and refrigerate until cold, 40 degrees F. or below. This recipe freezes well up to 3 months.
- Serving suggestions: Top Pork chops or vanilla ice cream, try mixing it in your oatmeal or just as it is for a snack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer